What is SikuliX?
- SikuliX automates anything you see on the screen of your desktop computer running Windows, Mac or some Linux/Unix.
- It uses image recognition to identify and control GUI components.
- Besides locating images on a screen it can also run the mouse and the keyboard to interact with the identified GUI elements
- SikuliX comes with basic text recognition that can be used to search text in images.
SikuliX supports the following as scripting languages:
- Python language level 2.7
- Ruby language level 1.9 and 2.0
- You can also use it in Java programming Java aware programming/scripting language (Jython, JRuby, Scala, Clojure, …).
We will be covering scripting SikuliX with Python in this course
Note: SikuliX is a Java application, that works on Windows XP+, Mac 10.6+ and most Linux/Unix systems. For Windows, Mac and Ubuntu 12.04+ it is complete and should normally work out of the box. For Linux/Unix systems there are a few prerequisites to be setup.
Disclaimer: I do not claim any rights to the SikuliX language, Sikuli and SikuliX IDE are properties of their respective owners. All original documentation and official information can be found at Sikuli launchpad page.